Well, first garnish.
Thinned basil seedlings over my standard salad – greens, apple, cheese, and honey mustard dressing. The flavours went together surprisingly well. Or maybe I was just so excited to be eating something that I grew that I pretended the flavours went together well.
First Garden Salad
- 2 handfuls of greens
- 1/2 an apple, chopped (with a few chunks missing)
- 2 slices of cheese, chopped
- 3 spoonfuls of lime juice for apple-chunk-dunking, and too-thick-dressing-thinning
- 1 spoonful of this dressing (I made mine with mustard powder, which is why it needed thinning, and the resulting dressing was very citrusy)
- Basil sprout snippings
- Layer in a pretty bowl.
- Wander outside and take pictures of first garden salad, because it’s finally warm enough to go outside without socks!
- Eat salad.